by : Zakaria Solaiman Lynette K. Abbott Ajit Varma
ISO 9001:2008 Certified
ISO 17025:2005 Certified
SEAMEO BIOTROP Library plays an important role in providing information on Tropical Biology to its clients. The Library, Documentation and Publication sections are under Knowledge Management Unit. Included in the library collections are books, maps, periodicals, reports, pamphlets, newsletters, theses, and secondary information such as special bibliography, abstracts, in-house databases and CD-ROMS
Currently, SEAMEO BIOTROP library possesses a collection of 13.096 books. It consists of 985 books on pest and diseases management, 1.156 books on biosystematics, 119 books on natural products, 817 books on water, waste and ecosystem management, and 1.359 books on biotechnology and other related subjects.
In 2013, BIOTROP library also received and registered 123 new collections. This consisted of 38 new books obtained through procurement, and 85 as gifts from various institutions. In addition, the library also received and registered 193 serial publications (journal, newsletter, annual report and magazine) as gifts and exchanges.
Reading rooms are available for users during service hours and equipped with internet access via SEAMEO BIOTROP wireless network. Signal strength may vary at different locations. For assistance on how to set this up on your notebook and gadgets, please approach our library help desk. A unit of personal computer is also available intended for materials retrieval.
All SEAMEO BIOTROP staff and scientists are automatically members of SEAMEO BIOTROP Library. External users who wish to use the library may apply for external membership. Currently, external members are only allowed to read and make photocopies of the library materials. External membership carries no borrowing privileges for all materials. Please approach our Library staff or contact us via email to get more information on membership terms and conditions.
- Monday - Friday, 08.00 - 16.00
- Break time, 12.00 - 13.00
- After service hours access is possible by prior arrangement up to 30 minutes before closing time.
- Library and reading rooms are closed on break time, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
A. Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) Online Public Access Catalog
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is an online database of book collections managed by the library. Users search the library catalog to find the location of books and other materials collected in the library.
B. Information Collections BIOTROP Digital Library
Information on collection of tropical biology literature such as journals, research reports, newsletters, and publications of SEAMEO BIOTROP are available.
C. Fotocopying, Printing and Scanning
D. Wi-Fi Zone
Wi-fi zone in BIOTROP library aims to facilitate users in the process of obtaining information because users can access the sites of knowledge, download e-book or download the journal - a scientific journal.
- e-journal :
- ISJD ( Indonesian Science Journal Database)
- GARUDA (Garba Rujukan Digital)
- Highwire Stanford University
- Botanicus is a freely accessible portal to historic botanical literature from the Missouri Botanical Garden Library
|Books||4 weeks||SEAMEO BIOTROP sciencetist & staff ( max 5 Books)|
|2 weeks||MIT Postgraduated students ( max 3 books )|
Two times only renewal
|Journals||LIBRARY USE ONLY|
|Reference Books, Current periodicals materials, Rare Books & Special Collections and BIOTROP Archives Materials||LIBRARY USE ONLY|
- Borrowers are responsible for the return of all books on time and in good condition
- The due date for all books borrowed is the date by which items must be returned or renewed
- Borrowers will be notified of recalled books by email or regular mail
- BIOTROP Library allows extended loans of up to 90 days for books that have not been borrowed within the past few months
- Borrowed books must be returned by the due date on the recall notice or borrowing privileges will be suspended
Ms. Worokanti Darmastuti